BII Schools Project
This Government initiative involves all areas of the hospitality industry and BII is keen to respond, for two reasons:
to promote the licensed retail sector as a desirable career choice and a vital component of the solution to community issues
to contribute to Government’s impetus to generate a sense of personal responsibility to oneself and the community, through education of young people.
The central point of the BII Schools Project is its website www.schoolsproject.co.uk which contains details of all the initiatives BII and BIIAB are undertaking, as well as:
Resources for teachers/tutors
- Hospitality Matters Quiz Sheets, which can be used without any preparation needed – the learners can work straight through the sheets and will gain valuable knowledge and understanding of the hospitality industry and the risks associated with alcohol misuse.
- Online quizzes. Learners can complete these online at any time, enter their details (first name, name of their teacher and school) and may even receive a prize. Or teachers/tutors/youth leaders can print them off and use them as classroom exercises.
How BII members and centres can get involved
- Click here for details of how BII members and centres can become involved in the project through sponsoring the BII Schools Project and nominated partner schools
- Click here for information about the various levels at which a BII member or organisation can sponsor and the benefits each level brings.
- Names of all project sponsors and partners are listed on the website.
Click the icon on the right to download a PDF of the BII Schools Project leaflet.